In this episode, I talk about the best approach to use during that initial contact with someone. It could be with an inbound inquiry, an outbound call with a potential client, or someone you’re connecting with via networking opportunity. I share how to avoid the biggest mistake that is incredibly common during initial contact situations – it’s known as prematurely pitching your product and service.
Listen and Discover
- Why prematurely pitching your product and service only repels a potential customer.
- How to avoid sounding like a stereotypical salesperson during the initial contact.
- A method to determine whether or not a potential customer has a problem that you’re good at solving, that they feel is worth solving.
- The Same Side Pitch – follow this idea of Entice, Disarm, and Discover.
- And much more…
- Follow Ian on LinkedIn
- Pick up a copy of Same Side Selling
- Discover more about Same Side Selling Pitch
- Learn more about the Same Side Selling Quadrant Journal
- Download the episode transcript available here
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and especially an actionable message that can drive remarkable results – and if you have any questions for a future episode, contact Ian.