“It’s either you have the wrong people or you have the wrong process, and inevitably…the problem is the process.” -Manny Medina
On this episode of the Same Side Selling podcast I talk with Manny Medina, CEO, and co-founder of Outreach, the market-leading customer engagement platform. Manny and I discuss the challenges of growth in terms of revenue, the good and bad aspects of sales playbooks, and the inspection process you can conduct to pinpoint the problems you may be facing within your company.
Listen to this episode and discover:
- Why there needs to be a framework in place for playbook execution.
- The important things that a playbook should include.
- How looking at sales rep participation can help to pinpoint specific problems.
- The importance of an inspection process in all industries, not just sales.
- The 3 by 2 method, and how it can help you and your business.
- And so much more…
Manny co-founded Outreach in 2014 and now serves as CEO. Prior to Outreach, Manny was employee number three on Amazon’s AWS team, and led the Microsoft mobile division from launch to $50M in annual revenue. He holds an MBA from Harvard and a Masters in Computer Science from the University of Pennsylvania. Today, Outreach is a determined team on a mission to change the way companies engage with their customers throughout their life-cycle.
In this episode, Manny talks about:
- The behaviors and symptoms of an organization in trouble.
- The necessity of paying attention to several small pieces during the closing of a sale.
- Why concrete budgets are not as important as you think.
- The reason you’re convincing a team, not an individual, to purchase your product.
- How lack of production often begins with the inability to generate meetings.
Manny says, “You just need to open that door…that is what separates businesses.”
Be sure to listen to this episode for more pieces of wisdom from Manny Medina.
If you enjoyed this session let our guest know by clicking on the link below to send them a quick message:
- LinkedIn: Manny Medina
- For more information about Outreach
- Download a free copy of The Essential Guide to Revenue Efficiency
From Our Sponsor
Make Better Sales Hiring Decisions!
Uncover the dos and don’ts of sales interviewing and how to identifying top salespeople in an interview. Best of all it’s free to our listeners! Download a copy of the Ultimate Guide To Interviewing Sales Professionals
Need help finding sales and sales leadership talent to drive revenue and growth? Contact Peak Sales Recruiting
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and especially an actionable message that can drive remarkable results – and if you have any questions for a future episode, contact me.